The whole of the Principality comes together to celebrate the circus at the start of January. On the program:
– two exhibitions:
*at the Columbus hotel, Petit Gougou, the festival’s ring master, will present an exhibition of paintings and items from the world of circus entitled “Récréation” (Play time);
*at the Marriott Riviera hotel, “Vive le cirque” (Long live circus) showcases works by Igor Akimov.
Both exhibitions are organised by the International Circus Festival of Monte Carlo Organisation Committee and the Monegasque Association of Friends of Circus.
– a stamp created by the Office des Timbres Poste de Monaco featuring the Festival’s poster and with a face value of one euro and ten cents, which has been on sale since the 3rd January;
– the traditional shop window competition, with this year’s theme being “circus animals”;
– the European Circus Association and the World Circus Federation meeting on Friday 20th January at the Marriott Riviera hotel;
– the Open Door “Circus Animals” show, rehearsals with commentary, on Saturday 21st January from 3pm to 4pm at the Fontvieille big top – free entry
– the ecumenical service under the big top on the 23rd January at 7 pm;
– the friendly football match between H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco’s Barbagiuans and the circus artistes’ team, at the Cap d’Ail stadium on Monday 23rd January at 8.30 pm.
Base rate €30 / €190 available on-line or www.France-billet.com or www.fnac.com
Please call us for all information: 00377 92 05 23 45.
The box office at the Fontvieille Big Top is open from Monday to Friday, 10 am-1 pm and 2 pm-6 pm.
For more information visit the event website.