Our typical Festive Season question is how to spend Christmas holidays and where to celebrate the New Year. We are spoiled for choice between Casino Square, the Port, the Bay and the Sporting. The Principality has traditionally many surprises and exciting activities in store for Monaco guests and residents – this year more than ever. We have made you a list of the best parties and most delightful dinners for New Year’s Eve.
The main destination on December 31 is obviously the port of Hercule with all its entertainment for children and adults. The Christmas Village is in residence and it’s here that you will be able to head for Monaco’s traditional New Year’s Eve party. This party starts at 21.30, with the DJ setting a festive tone for the evening. At midnight, the sky over Monaco will be lit up with fireworks. Or you can head towards Casino Square or the Sporting for a supercharged New Year.
New Year’s party at Buddha Monte-Carlo
Enjoy a scintillating evening at Buddha-Bar Monte-Carlo! This New Year, Buddha-Bar Monte-Carlo will be putting on a magical evening in what is one of the most breath-taking spots in Monaco – the Buddha-Bar itself. Share an outstanding dinner in a festive atmosphere. The menu of the evening will surprise you: innovative and super-appetizing dishes, specially prepared for the evening. After that, you can dance the night away to the intoxicating sounds of the maestro himself, DJ Papa who knows how to stir up the crowd. What’s new for this year? Check out the cosy corner of the outdoor terrace which has been turned into an Igloo Village. Get ready to finish the year in style with an evening that’s full of surprises!
New Year’s Eve offers:
Set menu including a glass of champagne – €290 per person.
Lounge Bar – Dinner indoors
Set menu including 1/2 a bottle of Dom Pérignon champagne per person – €350 per person.
Dinner on the Terrace – Igloo Village
Set menu including 1 glass of champagne – €190 per person.
Lounge Bar – Clubbing
Don’t want the night to end? Why not reserve a table for after 00:30!
- Date: Tuesday 31 December 2019
- Time: 19:00 onwards
- Reservations: email@example.com
Dress code: informal attire. For more information call: (377) 98 06 19 19
Experience a glittering New Year at Hôtel Hermitage Monte-Carlo!
So come and enjoy a magical time which will thrill the young and not so young. Christmas and New Year celebrations unlike any others in a warm and homely atmosphere.
Tuesday 24 December:
- Christmas dinner in Salle Belle Epoque, musical entertainment, €175 per person, (1/2 bottle of champagne, water and coffee) €95 for under 12 years.
Wednesday 25 December:
- Christmas buffet lunch in Salle Belle Epoque, musical entertainment, €190 per person, (champagne included water and coffee) €85 for under 12 years.
Tuesday 31 December:
- New Year’s Eve dinner in Salle Belle Epoque, musical entertainment, €550 per person, (1/2 bottle of champagne, water and coffee) €275 for under 12 years.
- New Year’s Eve dinner at the restaurant, Le Vistamar, €460 per person, (glass of champagne included, wine menu in supplement) prepared by the Michelin-star chef, Benoît Witz
Wednesday 1 January:
- New Year brunch in Salle Belle Epoque, musical entertainment, €185 per person, (champagne included water and coffee) €80 for under 12 years.
Outside these special Christmas and New Year dates above there are often delicious set menus available from €175 per person.
Family and Children’s Delight
The Hermitage Monte-Carlo Hotel square is Christmassy beautiful. Elegant Christmas trees, shiny balls and lights are everywhere. This and much more is in store for its youngest guests. Children will also have the opportunity to meet Santa. During this holiday period, the prestigious Salle Belle Epoque at Hôtel Hermitage Monte-Carlo will welcome children and their parents for a special «All Chocolate Christmas Tea». Be in a cozy family atmosphere on the holiday weekend and come to this Belle Époque jewel!
The Christmas tea and «All Chocolate Christmas»
From 15:00 to 18:00, December 18th, December 21st, December 23rd and December 24th. Everyone can try homemade cakes and sweets, including traditional «yule logs», cakes, cookies, fresh pancakes and even a chocolate fountain, prepared by pastry chef Nicolas Baygourry. Children will be able to take part in creative master classes, where they will try their hands in the role of pastry-cook. Additionally, they will be able to enjoy Christmas stories from the storyteller and even have a festive make-up session.
Price per child: €45
Price for adult: €85
For more information call: (377) 98 06 19 19
Limun Bar and Veuve Clicquot’s Airstream
Le Limun Bar in the lobby will also get into the festive spirit and serve dazzling afternoon tea from 7 December to 9 January (champagne included for one hour). Sparkling teatime at Le Limun Bar 55 euros per person (champagne included for one hour). From 9 December to 6 January, also discover the temporary bar, Veuve Clicquot’s airstream, where you can have caviar, foie gras, salmon, oysters and champagne between midday and 9 p.m.
Christmas and New Year at the Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo
Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo awaits you to celebrate a glittering Christmas and New Year in its restaurants. Year-end celebrations like no other, in the prestigious setting of the Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo! Bedecked with countless stars and beautifully decorated, the lobby of Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo and its majestic Christmas tree, decorated by Maison Chopard, will take your breath away. Salle Empire, a chic and sublime room in which refined cuisine can be enjoyed, is an ideal venue for festive and gastronomic New Year parties.
To be closer to the heavens, guests should head up to the hotel’s eighth-floor restaurant, Le Grill, for a festive meal above Place du Casino and a panoramic view of the Mediterranean. Celebrating the New Year is a perfect opportunity to have an exceptional culinary experience in a 3-Michelin-starred restaurant! Find the stars in your plate at Louis XV – Alain-Ducasse à l’Hôtel de Paris. Share a convivial holiday meal! ÔMER, the new restaurant from Alain Ducasse, has a Mediterranean menu planned for you. Join the party in Le Bar Américain and soak up its cosy and musical New Year Eve’s atmosphere.
Tuesday 24 December:
- Christmas dinner at the restaurant, Le Grill, €160 per person (includes a glass of champagne);
- Christmas dinner at the restaurant, ÔMER, €120 per person (drinks not included).
Wednesday 25 December:
- Christmas lunch at the restaurant, Le Grill, €160 per person (included a glass of champagne);
- Christmas lunch at the restaurant, ÔMER, €120 per person (drinks not included);
- Christmas buffet lunch in Salle Empire, €155 per person musical entertainment and visit from Santa Claus (1/2 bottle of wine included).
Tuesday 31 December:
- New Year’s Eve dinner at the restaurant, Le Grill, musical entertainment, €800 per person (included a glass of champagne);
- New Year’s Eve dinner at the restaurant, Le Louis XV – Alain Ducasse à l’Hôtel de Paris, €1,050 per person (drinks not included, food and wine pairing €450);
- New Year’s Eve dinner in Salle Empire, €990 per person. (included 1/2 bottle of champagne). Burlesque Follies Party. From 18 years old;
- New Year’s Eve dinner at the restaurant, ÔMER, musical entertainment €390 per person (1/2 bottle of champagne included);
- New Year’s Eve offer at Le Bar Américain from 22.00, €350 per person (musical entertainment: London Soul Selection).
Wednesday 1 January:
- New Year lunch at the restaurant, Le Grill, €160 per person (included a glass of champagne or a la carte suggestions);
- New Year lunch at the restaurant, Le Louis XV – Alain Ducasse à l’Hôtel de Paris, €380 per person (drinks not included);
- New Year lunch in Salle Empire, €155 per person (1/2 bottle of wine included);
- New Year lunch at the restaurant, ÔMER, €120 per person (drinks not included);
- New Year’s Day Dinner at the restaurant, Le Louis XV – Alain Ducasse à l’Hôtel de Paris, menus «Gourmet» at €380 & « Jardins de Provence » at €260 (choice of wines à la carte).
For more information call: (377) 98 06 88 64
Salle Des Etoiles
Nile Rodgers & CHIC
New Year’s Eve gala dinner
On December 31 in the Salle des Etoiles at Monte-Carlo Sporting Nile Rodgers & CHIC will be performing to celebrate the arrival of 2020! Dinner starts at 8pm and the concert at 10.30pm
Price: from 553.50€ (drinks not included). For more information please call +377 98 06 41 59
Dress code: Evening dress.
Among music legends, Nile Rodgers is truly exceptional. He amplifies his legacy as a multiple GRAMMY-winning composer, producer, arranger and guitarist by constantly traversing new musical terrain and successfully expanding the boundaries of popular music. As the co-founder of CHIC, Rodgers pioneered a musical language that generated chart-topping hits like “Le Freak,” (the biggest selling single in the history of Atlantic Records!) and sparked the advent of hip-hop with “Good Times”.
Christmas and New Year in Café de Paris
On December 25th there will be a special menu of delicacies in Café de Paris. Salon Bellevue will host a Christmas brunch buffet with musical accompaniment. Price is €110per person (including drinks), €55 for children under the age of 12. Traditionally, on December 31, there will be a New Year’s Eve dinner, 270 € in Cafe de Paris (Brasserie ), including ½ bottle of champagne (half price for children) or that costs €320 per person in Salon Bellevue.
January 1, 2018, to celebrate the holidays, La Brasserie Café De Paris is a la Carte
A New Year’s brunch buffet will take place in Salon Bellevue, costing €120 per person (including drinks), €60 for children. Call: (377) 98 06 36 36 for more information
Casino De Cafe De Paris
Be there when the clock strikes midnight! For New Year’s Eve, the Casino Café de Paris is offering a festive evening complete with adrenaline, jackpots and an electric atmosphere for you to enjoy all night long. Celebrate New Year’s Eve in the heat of the gaming action, with dancers and free champagne. DJ from 22 hours. The restaurant is planning a gourmet menu right by the games specially for the occasion.
On the menu for New Year’s Eve:
- Shredded crab and shrimps marinated in citrus fruit with avocado gazpacho and crunchy vegetable shavings | €21
- Prawn ravioli, creamy Jerusalem artichokes with truffles and shellfish sauce | €24
- Grenadin of roast Piedmont veal with squash gratin, caramelised parsnip and truffle sauce | €32
- Dessert | €9
Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort
New Year at the Blue Bay
Embark on an exciting culinary journey with amazing cuisine by the starred chef Marcel Raven of the Blue Bay restaurant. The Blue Gin will treat you to a warm and welcoming mountain chalet atmosphere. You will get to admire the New Year’s fireworks while seated on its heated terrace.
December 31 enjoy the original menu by Marcel Raven for a price of 460 € per person ( half a bottle of champagne included). You will spend an unforgettable New Year’s night at the Blue Gin. At midnight, you will get to admire the fireworks from the hotel’s terrace.
January 1 come to the most festive lunch in Monaco to start the New Year in style for a price of 180€ per person.
Christmas at the Blue Bay
On Sunday, December 24th, Christmas Eve at The Blue Bay restaurant a special Christmas menu will be launched, €165 per person, not including drinks. Follow this link to check the menu.
On Monday, December 25th, Christmas Brunch will take place with an exquisite surprise. The price is €180 per person, including champagne served from 12:30 to 15:00.
The “Snow Star”, the unique festive concept by the Blue Gin
From 5 December to 5 January, the Blue Gin, bar of the Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort will become a “Snow Star”, transforming itself into a genuine mountain chalet. Day or night, relax in a pleasant winter atmosphere as if you’ve just come off the ski slopes. Comfortable throw blankets, table games, billiards, afternoon tea, close-up magic show, live DJ, personalised menu and last but definitely not least, an entirely covered, heated terrace with a sweeping view of the Mediterranean! The bar is open every day from 1.30 pm to 1.30 am. Exceptional opening times for the Christmas and New Year season! On December 5th, December 19th and December 26th it is holding a DJ winter party, starting at 6.30 pm. Close-up magic show by Simeon Wolfgang every Friday night: 6, 13, 20 and 27th December. Live DJ with Nicolas Saad on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Children and adults alike will enjoy “Christmas games” including board games, backgammon and chess right at the bar, starting at 1.30 pm. Christmas tea” with hot chocolate, tea and fragrant pastries is served from 3pm to 5.30pm. The mountain mini-menu with its special Christmas cocktails will make your day! For more information please call: (377) 98 06 03 60. And for latecomers, the “Snow Stars” will ensure the fun continues into January and February! You will be able to enjoy its mountain chalet-themed decor until 29 February – a fantastic way to fill those long winter evenings. (N.B. from 5 January to 29 February, the bar will be open at the usual times, i.e. from 5.30pm to 1.30am).
L’Orange Verte terrace has got a truly amazing New Year look! Take a walk through the curved snowy path, surrounded by elegant Christmas trees. On December 31, a special New Year’s Eve dinner will be offered at a price of 265 € per person