- This event has passed.
23rd European Heritage Day
23 September 2018
23rd European Heritage Day on Sunday 23 September, Principality of Monaco.
This not-to-be-missed event will highlight the richness and diversity of the Principality’s heritage.
Historical anecdotes, original activities and little-known places in the Principality will be on the program of this special day.
For more than twenty years, European Heritage Day in Monaco, coordinated by the Department of Cultural Affairs, has offered visitors the opportunity to find out about touristic sites in the Principality and has invited them to visit places that are usually closed to the public.
Monaco City Hall
Town Hall Square – (+377) 93 15 28 63 – 10h-17h
- Visit the Wedding Hall, the Council Room and the Mayor’s Office.
- Exhibition with an open access to the Regional Fund: “Notes of history, notes of music: variations on the musical patrimony of Monaco”.
- 11 am and 3 pm: Wedding Hall, oboe concert
Rainier III Academy
1, Boulevard Albert I – (+377) 93 15 28 91 – 10 am-5pm
- 10h – 11h – 14h – 15h Guided tour of the violin workshop (40 minutes). On registration only at (+377) 93 15 28 91 – group of 10 people.
- 10:30 – 11:30 – 14:30 – 15:30 Piano recitals. Free access – max. 30 places
Exotic Garden of Monaco
62 bd of the Exotic Garden – (+377) 93 15 29 80 – 9h-18h
- Free visit of the garden
- Guided and commented tours of the Cave of the Observatory every hour from 10h to 17h
- 9h – 11h – 14h and 16h30 Guided tour of the greenhouses of the Botanical Center (duration of the visit about 1h30). Reservation required by email: email@example.com or phone: (+377) 93 15 29 80.
- 2 open access exhibitions:
– “Dryas Octo Petala” Exhibition of graduates from the School of Fine Arts – Pavillon Bosio
– “When sculptures bloom…”, works by the artists of the Monegasque Committee of the International Association of Visual Arts (AIAP)
10:30 am Town Hall Square U Cantin d’A Roca
11:00 am Town Hall Wedding Hall
11:45 National Council Children’s Choir
12:30 Monegasque hymn sung by the choir of children accompanied by the Municipal Music.
In the morning the Municipal Music will wander the streets and guide visitors to the music venues.
2:30 pm Town Hall Square U Cantin d’A Roca
3:00 pm Town Hall Wedding Hall
3:45 pm National Council – Lyrical Concert
14h00 and 16h00 Flutes and Harps Ensemble
2:15 pm and 3:15 pm Jazz
Information: +377 93 10 84 45