- This event has passed.
Monaco City Hall participates in World Environment Day
June 4, 2021 - June 10, 2021
As part of World Environment Day which will take place on Saturday June 5, 2021, the Monaco City Hall, under the leadership of Marjorie Crovetto, Deputy Mayor, Delegate for the Living Environment, Environment and Sustainable Development, wished to support several actions organized by municipal services:
– First, within the Institution, an organic menu packaged in “sustainable green organic” packaging will be offered this Friday, June 4 to staff registered at the municipal restaurant. Small precision, since the beginning of the health crisis and the restaurant being closed, the personnel can order their meal, if desired, to be delivered directly to them in their office;
– On the Condamine and Monte-Carlo markets, Marjorie Crovetto will give traders cotton bags bearing the “World Environment Day” logo as well as pocket ashtrays so that they can be distributed to their customers on June 5;
– A “Green Workshop” will also be offered at the Parc Princesse Antoinette on Saturday 5 June in the morning: ten participants will thus be able to benefit from the advice of a professional gardener of the park in order to create botanical compositions using recovery material (glass jars and boxes for containers, string, pebbles, sand, sewing buttons, ribbons etc. for decoration). The workshop is free upon registration (subject to availability), it is aimed at adults and children from 7 years old accompanied by an adult;
– Also from June 5, a poster campaign will be broadcast on the digital panels of bus shelters, with messages on the theme “The Town Hall is committed … For a healthier environment, let’s adopt the right actions …”;
– On Monday June 7 at 6.30 p.m., the Monaco Media Library will welcome the sailor Alexia Barrier, very committed to the environmental cause through her association “4myplanet”, for a meeting at the Louis Notari Library on the theme “Protect the Blue Planet, our living cell ”;
– Finally, on the Early Childhood side, the Ile aux Bambins crèche, which had already mobilized for Earth Day at the end of April, wished to suggest that children replace the usual toys with recycled objects (bottles , fabric, boxes, cardboard boxes …) throughout this week. Another way to discover and have fun for toddlers!
In addition, on June 8 and 10, the crèche will host a stand of the Société Monégasque d’Assainissement (SMA) where games will be offered to discuss sorting; and on June 8 and 9, it will be the turn of the Energy Transition Mission (MTE) to set up a stand there to offer all kinds of advice, particularly in terms of waste reduction. This is to educate the nursery teams but also families, on different themes.
Through this program, the Municipal Institution once again confirms its willingness, and that of its teams, to commit to the environment and sustainable development.