It has been 5,5 years since their last game in League 1, and now AS Monaco and AS Nancy have met this Saturday at 17.00 at the Louis-II stadium. Let’s look at 10 figures and tendencies of these two teams.
1. AS Monaco lost only 2 out of the last 19 games against AS Nancy in League 1 (12 victories, 5 draws), it was on 5th October 2007 (1-3) and on 20th March 2011 (0-1) the two teams last faced each other.
2. Moreover, AS Monaco lost only once in a home match at the Louis-II stadium out of the last 21 games in League 1 (14 victories, 6 draws); it was against Bordeaux on 1st April 2016 (1-2). The Monaco players have been undefeated this season at the Louis-II stadium both in L1 and in the UEFA Champions League (10 victories, 2 draws).
3. AS Nancy gained 5 points playing away from the home stadium in League 1 this season (1 victory, 2 draws, 2 defeats), which is one point more than they gained at home (1 victory, 1 draws, 4 defeats).
4. AS Monaco scored 30 goals after 11 matches in League 1 in 2016/17, and it is the first time in its history that AS Monaco has achieved such a result at this stage of the competition. It is also a first at this stadium in League 1 since Nice had the same result in 1972/73 (30 goals).
5. AS Monaco scored 12 goals from free kicks in League 1 this season, and have the highest total (2 on corner kick, 2 on direct free kick, 4 on indirect free kick and 4 on penalty).
6. AS Monaco scored during the last 22 matches at home in L1. This is also its best series in L1 since April 1999 (when it was 23rd in the ranking).
7. AS Nancy began the score during 8 League 1 matches in 2016/17, the highest total together with Caen.
8. Among 10 of the last goals by players in AS Nancy against AS Monaco in L1, 5 were made thanks to the help of another player (2 goals by Dia, 2 goals by Hadji and 1 decisive pass by Christian).
9. Thomas Lemar was involved in 5 goals in League 1 this season (4 goals, 1 decisive pass), more than any other player from AS Monaco.
10. Alou Diarra scored during 2 out of his last 3 matches in League 1 this season, and this is as much as he scored during his 58 previous games.
The result of this match (Monaco-Nancy: 6:0) only confirms once again that AS Monaco is practically undefeated this season.