Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters 2023: impact on traffic and parking
From 8 to 16 April 2023, the Principality will beat to the drum of the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters, one of the oldest tennis tournaments in the world and one of the most prestigious competitions on the ATP circuit. The event attracts large numbers of visitors, requiring traffic modifications to be put in place. As such:
1. Cars and two-wheel vehicles
• Boulevard du Larvotto will be one way (travelling from Monaco to Menton) between the roundabout at Avenue de Grande-Bretagne and Monaco’s eastern border, from Saturday 8 to Thursday 13 April, from 9 am to 7.30 pm, and there will be no parking
for two-wheel vehicles to the right of the Carmes building from 11 pm on Sunday 2 April to 11.59 pm on Tuesday 18 April;
• No parking will be permitted on Rue du Portier from 11 pm on Thursday 13 April to 11.59 pm on Sunday 16 April.
• Boulevard du Larvotto, from number 17 (Casablanca building) to number 37 (Testimonio building), will be reserved for bus parking from Saturday 8 to Thursday 13 April, 9 am to 7.30 pm.
– From Saturday 8 to Sunday 16 April, 8.30 am to 7.30 pm, vehicles weighing more than 3.5 tonnes will not be permitted to travel:
• On Boulevard du Larvotto, between the roundabout at Avenue de Grande-Bretagne and Monaco’s eastern border;
• On the Saint-Roman/Boulevard du Larvotto section of interchange.
– During this period, vehicles weighing more than 7.5 tonnes will, exceptionally, be allowed to travel along Avenue Princesse Grace from Menton to Monaco.
Please note: these provisions do not apply to emergency or public service vehicles, or other duly authorised vehicles.
In addition, throughout the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters, traffic problems should be expected due to the one-way traffic controls in the commune of Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, on Avenue Jean Jaurès, with Avenue Varavilla the only road available for leaving the Principality and heading east.
FREE CAM SHUTTLE SERVICE
As it does every year for the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters, the Monegasque Bus Company (CAM) will charter free shuttles for tournament spectators throughout the event. This year’s service will operate an extended route.
For more information, see: https://www.cam.mc/a-la-une-fr/04-navette-gratuite-rolex-monte-carlo-masters
Reminder: spectators with a ticket to the tennis tournament can use the CAM network – including the bateau-bus service – for free by showing their ticket to the driver in exchange for a voucher.