Pauline Ducruet and the 6th New Generation Circus Awards
Participants of the New Generation Circus Festival recently found out who was crowned the winners of this 6th edition of the competition.
After Gold, Silver and Bronze Clowns found their winners, this weekend it was the Junior circus stars who became the award recipients. The circus festival continued, with the 6th edition of New Generation, a circus show that recently took place comprised of young artists. These budding stars took on the Fontvieille marquee and they performed for the audience and the jury, which was chaired by Pauline Ducruet, the eldest daughter of Princess Stephanie. About twenty troupes took part in the show. Among them, fans of the Festival were sure to recognize the young Anastasiya Trushina, from the eponymous troupe who received a Golden Clown last January, as well as the elephant trainer Erwin Frankello, Silver Clown from the last festival. There was plenty with which to delight the young audience for whom this New Generation has been highly recommended.
They came from all over the world and they represented twelve different circus disciplines. Everyone was there, under the Fontvieille marquee, the afternoon of February 5th. That was the last day of the 6th New Generation Festival, the Circus Competition for young performers. The show took place in the presence of Pauline Ducruet, President of the jury, Prince Albert II, Princess Stéphanie, Louis Ducruet, Camille Gottlieb and many other famous personalities. On stage, the audience was delighted by jugglers, acrobats, trapeze artists, tightrope walkers, a comedian, as well as sea lions and an elephant.
And the winners are….
- The Gold Junior was again won by The Acrobatic Troupe of Shanghai (Russian bar)
- The Silver Junior went to 3 Funky Monkeys (Chinese mat), 3J Juggling, the Walkers Kuznetsov Studio Arena tightrope walkers, AnastasiyaTrushina (acrobat), and Catalina Palma (acrobat).
- The Bronze Junior was won by Sophia (aerial pole), David Junior (juggler), Kimberly and Holler Zavatta (roller skating duo), and the Trapeze Duo of Kazan
… and many other special prizes were presented!
- 1st Carrefour Monaco Prize: Sophia
- 2ndCarrefour Monaco Prize: Baptiste
- 3rd Carrefour Monaco Prize: Thomas
- Special price of the National Council: Funambules of the Studio Arena
- National Education, Youth, and Sports Awards: 3 Funky Monkeys
- The City of Monaco Prize: Femina Sports Team
- Nice-Matin Award: 3Funky Monkeys.
Pauline Ducruet and the other jury members have made several talented young prize winners very happy this year at the 6th New Generation circus competition.