The 12th Monte-Carlo Jazz Festival: Christophe, Marcus Miller, Texas and more…
The program for the 12th annual Monte-Carlo jazz festival was recently presented to the press at the Garnier Opera House, which is where the festival will be taking place.
From 16 November to 2 December 2017, the festival will feature new talent as well as old jazz stars.
“The idea is to present jazz as an open form of music. We are not here to be limiting, we are here to have fun. This festival showcases lots of different music, from Marcus Miller to Texas, from Les Triplets de Belleville to Christophe. This festival demonstrates that jazz is still alive, with all the varieties that surround it,” said Jean-René Palaccio, Artistic Director of the Sociétédes Bains de Mer, who presented this year’s program.
The eclectic and high quality program, which will take place over three weekends, includes:
- Thursday 16 November, 8:30pm:Cory Henry & the Funk Apostles and Marcus Miller
- Friday 17 November, 8:30pm:Laurent Coulondre and Stacey Kent with the OPMC
- Saturday 18 November, 8:30pm:Christophe
- Friday 24 November 8:30pm:Sirius Plan and Texas
- Saturday 25 November, 8:30pm:Dhafer Youssef and The Corea / Gadd Band
- Thursday 30 November 8:30pm:Django Memories Project and Diego El Cigala
- Friday 1 December, 8:30pm: James Cartier’s Elektrik Outlet and Les Triplettes de Belleville
- Saturday 2 December, 8:30pm: The Puppini Sisters and Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox
For more information about the festival and to book tickets, visit: www.montecarlolive.com