In the stunning setting of the Monaco Yacht Club, Gareth Wittstock (Princess Charlene’s brother) and François Forcioli-Conti (President of the Côte d’Azur Racing Society) drew names for the 2nd Princess Charlene of Monaco Charity Race. Sixteen race horseswere paired with sixteen charities from France, Monaco and the Côte d’Azur. The race will take place today, February 24 at 3:15 pm at the Côte d’Azur Hippodrome.
The principle of the Princess Charlene of Monaco Charity Race is both simple and inspiring. All sixteen horses will compete in a 1,600 metre race and a Gallop Challenge, which will be broadcast live on LCI and Equidia. Each horse will represent a charitable association. €50,000 in prizes will be awarded to the charities which correspond to the winning horses: €10,000 for the first place, €6,000 for the second place, €4,000 for the third, and the rest of the prize money will be equally divided among the thirteen other associations, each receiving €2,300. Last year, the stands at the Côte d’Azur Hippodrome were filled when 2,500 people attended the first edition.
François Forcioli-Conti, president of the Côte d’Azur Racing Society, views the race as an awelcome and distinguished opportunity. He believes that Princess Charlene’s sponsorship is a prestigious sponsorship for the race course and for horse racing in general. François Forcioli-Conti hopes that the event will continue every year because it’s very important for the racing world to open up to other associations, to show that horse racing doesn’t only have to be about gambling but it can have virtuous qualities as well.
Princess Charlene stated that she is pleased that the 2018 edition of the Charity Race, along with the award that bears her name, is helping to support the protection of children, animals and people in need. She went on to congratulate the charitable associations for their continued efforts.
There is a list of the 16 charities and their corresponding horses:
– CDEAM-handi mobile équitation (Fox Tin)
– CASREC (Real Fiction)
– Just World International (Dew)
– Fight Aids Monaco (Kenartic)
– Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation (Cry Baby)
– Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation (Munawer)
– Princess Grace Foundation of Monaco (Namasjar)
– League Against Cardiomyopathy (Whip my Love)
– M Foundation (Jedi Princess)
– The Monegasque Red Cross (Blue Hills)
– Association des jockeys de galop (Bahar)
– Au-delàdes pistes (On the Sea)
– AMAPEI (Brooklyn Baby)
– The Guardian Angels of Monaco (Highest Rockeur)
– Lenval Foundation (Maytime)
– The French Red Cross (Sometaste)