- This event has passed.
Nikolaï Lugansky Piano Recital
October 18, 2019 @ 8:30 pm - 10:00 pm€20 – €80
Nikolaï Lugansky will be performing a piano recital on Friday 18 October 2019, at 8.30 pm Auditorium Rainier III.
On 18 October, Nikolaï LUGANSKY will perform six pieces by famous composers.
Concert-goers will first be immersed in the world of French composer Claude Debussy with Book 2 of Images. This second series was composed in 1907 and comprises three pieces:
- Cloches à travers les feuilles (“Bells through the leaves”)
- Et la lune descend sur le temple qui fut (“And the moon descends on the temple that was”)
- Poissons d’or (“Golden fishes”)
Nikolaï LUGANSKY will then perform pieces by Frédéric Chopin:
- Barcarolle in F-sharp major, opus 60
- Nocturne n°2, opus 27
- Ballade n°4, opus 52
The artist will also perform the piece Prélude, choral et fugue (1884) by César Franck, the Belgian-born French composer.
Finally, the concert will conclude with works by Sergei RACHMANINOV:
- Preludes n°1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7, opus 23
- Preludes n°5 and 12, opus 32