Princely news

Princess Charlene is back home in Monaco welcomed by Prince Albert and the twins at the heliport

Prince Albert II, hereditary Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella welcomed their wife and mother Princess Charlene on the tarmac of the Monegasque heliport with a huge bouquet of flowers. After eight months away from the Principality, Princess Charlene returned to Monaco on November 8th after a ten-hour overnight flight from South Africa. She arrived at Nice airport at dawn before returning to the Principality.

This was an emotional reunion, as the couple and their children had not been together since August. Princess Stephanie also accompanied the Princely family to greet Charlene back to the Principality. The family then headed for the Prince’s Palace.

Princess Charlene appeared with a new haircut, coloured chestnut. She also brought back from Africa a new dog, a male Rhodesian ridgeback, still a baby, which she has started to train. In October, she announced on her Instagram the death of her Chihuahua.

“My little Angel died last night; she was run over. I will miss you so much, Rest In Peace,” she wrote on her Instagram under a photo of her affectionately kissing her dog.

The new dog, named Khan, was offered to her after the death of her beloved Chihuahua, according to the French media.

Protracted stay in South Africa

At the beginning of May, before a trip to South Africa for wildlife rescue missions, Princess Charlene underwent a sinus lift and bone graft for dental implants. Following the operation, while fighting poaching and raising awareness about rhino mutilation in South Africa, the Princess suffered from a serious infection of the ears, nose and throat, she told the news source. The infection grew and she suffered from severe pain. The infection reached dangerous levels and she had to undergo emergency surgery. Since her surgeries, she has not been able to take a plane home, because the sinus area would not withstand air pressure changes caused by air travel.

A second corrective surgery performed on 23rd June forced the further postponement of her planned return to Monaco for the celebration of her 10th wedding anniversary to Prince Albert II.

Finally, Princess Charlene underwent another four-hour operation, on Friday August 13th, under general anesthesia. After the operation, her husband, Albert II, the Prince of Monaco, said that everything went well.

Princess Charlene was hospitalised again last Friday 8th October in South Africa and underwent more surgery under general anaesthesia. 

Due to her surgeries, she has not been able to take a plane home earlier, because the sinus area would not withstand air pressure changes caused by air travel and she had to wait until the doctors would allow her to travel back.

Show More
Back to top button