Princess Charlene is in “stable” condition, after being admitted to hospital in South Africa
A few days after Princess Charlene said her “goodbyes” to her husband Prince Albert II of Monaco and their children, who visited her in Africa, she was hospitalized on the night of September 1. This information was confirmed on Friday by the Princess’ Foundation in South Africa and by the Princely Palace, informs AFP.
According to the Princely Palace, the condition of the Princess of Monaco on Friday was qualified as “reassuring”; the Princess Charlene Foundation described it as “stable,” referring to the doctors who are involved in her treatment in South Africa.
The Princess felt bad and was hospitalized due to sudden deterioration of her health condition amid a severe sinus infection, from which she has been suffering since May and because of which she has already undergone three operations.
On Wednesday evening, the wife of the Prince of Monaco was hospitalized in Durban under a pseudonym after becoming unwell at home, AFP said. On Friday morning, the Princess was able to leave the hospital.
According to the director of the Princess Charlene Foundation in South Africa, doctors are still trying to establish the exact cause of this deterioration in the condition of the patient.
A few operations have already been undertaken in the past
At this time, the Princess of Monaco has already undergone three operations since May.
At the beginning of May, before a trip to South Africa for wildlife rescue missions, Princess Charlene underwent a sinus lift and bone graft for dental implants. Following the operation, while fighting poaching and raising awareness about rhino mutilation in South Africa, the Princess suffered from a serious infection of the ears, nose and throat, she told the news source. The infection grew and she suffered from severe pain. The infection reached dangerous levels and she had to undergo emergency surgery. Since her surgeries, she has not been able to take a plane home, because the sinus area would not withstand air pressure changes caused by air travel.
A second corrective surgery performed on 23 June forced the further postponement of her planned return to Monaco for the celebration of her 10th wedding anniversary to Prince Albert II.
Finally, Princess Charlene underwent another a four-hour operation, on Friday August 13th, under general anesthesia. After the operation, her husband, Albert II, the Prince of Monaco, said that everything went well.
The Princess of Monaco is not allowed to fly above 3000 metres, because the sinus area would not withstand air pressure changes caused by air travel.
Prince Albert II of Monaco and the twins, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, have recently joined Princess Charlene in South Africa. She posted a series of family photos on Instagram to share the joy of seeing her husband Prince Albert and their children, Jacques and Gabriella again.
At the beginning of June, Prince Albert and their children, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, were able to visit Princess Charlene in South Africa for a few days. Since then, the Princess has daily conversations with Albert and the children which helps keep her spirits up.
Princess Charlene confessed earlier in one of her interviews that she misses her husband, babies and doggies very much and makes sure to stay in touch with them as much as possible.